According to the Immigration regulations, from January 1st, 2006, you have to apply for a residence permit not later than 30 days before the expiration date of your previous residence permit.


From 1 January 2023 the only way to extend your residence permit is online (via Enter Hungary). Find the usage manual here. When you apply for a residence permit, you have to be in posession of the following documents:


1)  Certificate of payment  (a document verifying that you paid the tuition fee for the next academic year) or Certificate about your Scholarship (for SH and SCYP students)

 Where to get the document: at the International Office (Building "M", M-30)


2) Collect and fill in the relevant 2-page application form and Accomodation reporting form (guide here).

 Where to get the document: at the International Office (Building "M", M-30)


3) Have your accommodation reporting form (2-sided cardboard paper – see point nr. 3.) signed and stamped by the Hostel Management and get a certificate of your accommodation.

Where to get the document: at the International Relations Office (Building "M", M-30)

Where to get the signature: Hostel Management (Hostel nr. 33, 1st floor)



If you do not live in one of the student hostels, the accommodation reporting form shall be signed by the owner of your flat. In this case you are also obliged to hand in a copy of the lease contract made with the owner of your flat*

Where to get the document: Contact your landlord


4) Get a bank statement which proves that you have the necessary amount on your account to finance your living costs in Hungary.

For scholarship students (SH, SCYP) the Certificate of Scholarship mentioned under point 1. will apply for this point as well.

Where to get the document: contact your bank


5) Get a student status certificate and transcript of records 

Where to get the document: Study Office (Hostel nr. 37, 1st floor)


6) Make a copy of your passport and student card


7) Have an ID photo


When submitting the above document you will have to pay the fee for extension 35.000 HUF. The extension of the residence permit is free of charge for scholarship holders.

If upon handing in your documents you have less than 30 days available until your residence permit loses its validity, then you have to pay an additional fee of 3.000 HUF.  In this case you are also obliged to write a short statement (letter)  in English explaining the reasons why you could not go in time*


In case you are expected to visit the Regional Directorate of Aliens Policing (OIF) in Székesfehérvár (e.g. biometric sampling), you will automatically get an appointment.


Address: 8000 Székesfehérvár, József Attila u. 38.


For information about where to find the Regional Directorate in Székesfehérvár check out this Google Maps link.