After you successfully fulfill the entrance requirements for the chosen study program at the University of Dunaújváros and pay the tuition fee, you will receive your Letter of Acceptance, an official notification about your admission from our International Relations Office.

Depending on your citizenship you may or may not need to apply for visa to enter Hungary. Please, select the category below which applies to your circumstances.



If you are a student from the non-European Economic Area (non-EEA), you need to apply for a long-term "D" type visa for study purposes at the Hungarian Consulate of your country of residence.

Please note that you will have to reserve an appointment for the visa application, because in some cases the process can take up to three months, or even longer for visa applications with missing information.

For more information about how to take an appointment please check the homepage of the Hungarian Consulate in your country.


The following documents are needed for the application for residence permit:

  1. Completed and signed application form for residence permit.
  2. Valid passport (the validity of which has to exceed that of the requested visa by at least 3 months)
  3. One passport size photo (not older than 3 months)
  4. Letter of Acceptance from the University of Dunaújváros
  5. Visa fee: ~60 EUR
  6. Verifying a real, exact address in Hungary (the Letter of Acceptance issued certifies your address in Hungary, at the student hostel of our university)
  7. Documents certifying subsistence in Hungary (bank account statement; or the declaration of the parents that they assume coverage of all costs of the stay in Hungary; or the document certifying the scholarship)
  8. A certificate from the university verifying that the applicant has already paid the tuition fees, or that he/she is exempt from the payment of school fees.(The Letter of Acceptance contains this piece of information)
  9. Travel insurance (A travel insurance is required to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accidents and other losses incurred while traveling; it can usually be arranged at the time of the booking of a trip and should be valid until the beginning of the study program) or equal financial means.



Citizens of EU/EEA (EEA: member states of the EU and Norway, Switzerland, Iceland, and Lichtenstein) may travel to Hungary without a long-term study visa. However they need to obtain a registration card for the duration of the studies in Hungary.

 Fur further information about the Registration Certificate please visit the website of the Immigration Office (National Directorate for Aliens Policing - BMH).


After you arrive in Hungary you can arrange your registration card (EEA) or residence permit (non-EEA) at the Immigration Office (Regional Directorate of Aliens Policing in Székesfehérvár– BMH).